Friday, January 29, 2010

THAT'S IT! I'M SO TOTALLY SWITCHING TO KPFA!



I usually start my day getting ready for another fun adventure at Camp Nickleby by listening to Morning Edition on quasi-liberal National Public Radio. Thursday morning, while listening to a report on the Sundance Film Festival, I almost kicked a whole through one of my vintage JBL L100 studio monitors!

Lisa Kennedy, a film critic for The Denver Post, offered a review of this year's Sundance Film Festival. Here is what she had to say about the latest, anti-public school propaganda from the lunatics on the right.

“The other film that I really loved was Davis Guggenheim's "Waiting for Superman," which is about the sort of disaster of our public education system (huh?). And I think one of the amazing things about this film is that he followed five children who wind up in five various lotteries for charter schools. And by the time you get to the lottery, if you aren't a parent, you feel like a parent, and if you are a parent, you feel like these are your children.


And it is so unnerving watching any of these children wait to find out whether they're going to be saved from their failing schools and afforded an opportunity for a great school (huh?), and I think it's such a great articulation of the unfairness of where our public education system is right now. It's a really good film.”


Good job, Lisa! Yeah, just use the same, unquantified rhetoric that the wingnuts use. Where did you study journalism, in a Cracker Jacks box?

No comments: