Friday, March 5, 2010

CAREER COUNSELING FROM A 15-YEAR-OLD!

Well, one more week, and the campers are out for spring break. The counselors here have noticed, for the past few weeks, that what look to be potential breeding pairs have been forming amongst the youngins, getting ready for a week of unsupervised glee in the woods.

As the break approaches, I was given something to ponder during my time away from camp. At the end of my third period Art Foundations class, while I was trying to get the little Rembrandts to actually try to clean up their messes, one of my little sophomores asked me, “So, Mr. Knurlman, do you really like teaching? And why do you do it?”

A fair question, I thought. I replied, “I just get a kick out of shaping the future generations of America!” Yeah, right.

My little sophomore opined, “You know, if, like I had to do your job to earn a living, I’d kill myself!”

On the drive home last night, as I was watching a large BNSF freight locomotive coming closer to the railroad crossing I was stopped at, I thought . . .

No comments: