Monday, July 2, 2012

ONE OUT OF 180 AIN'T BAD, I GUESS

Received this email yesterday from a student. She was one of the few bright spots of the school year. She is going on to bigger and better things. This is the type of thing that keeps me going, I guess.

Hello Mr. Werthblergerstein*:

I am writing to thank you for teaching me about ceramics and it's many artists. Today I went to the Oakland Museum and during my explorations in the art exhibit I found many pieces of Peter Voulkos. Along with his work, I also found Micheal Lucero and Ron Nagle. I have to say that without you teaching me about their work I would have not understood their background history. It felt great to be one of the few to know who the artist was and what their method of working with clay was. Thank You. I hope you are having a fantastic summer vacation without us "students".

Love, Tundalejo Magellan*

*Names changed to protect the innocent!

No comments: