Tuesday, October 13, 2009

DAMN, NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 100

Well, I’m just a little bit bummed. After the campers headed back to their cabins today once classes were over, I shuffled over to Spellings Hall, to maybe get the last cup of simmering, afternoon coffee and put my feet up before I headed home.

On the table was a copy of the latest issue of Money magazine. And in it was an article, listing the 100 Best Jobs in America, according to them. Well, I couldn’t wait to see where public school teacher ranked on
the list. I searched the list for ‘high school teacher’. Nothing. I searched for ‘public school teacher’. Nothing. I searched for ‘miracle worker’. Nothing. I even searched for ‘pathetic, delusional sucker’. Still nothing.

I thought for sure the noble profession of public school teacher would rank, oh I don’t know, at least 99, maybe even as high as 95. I feel so dirty.

1 comment:

Sanders BUT not the COLONEL said...

Oh te of little creative thinking...you do many of the listed jobs like: 3-D Artist, Account Executive , Anesthesiologist,
Attorney/Lawyer, Audiologist
Biotechnology Research Scientist,Business Analyst,
Business Process/Management Consultant,
UNCertified Public Accountant , Client Relationship Manager,
Clinical Psychologist ,
Computer Software Program Manager . Construction Project Manager , Cost Estimator, Creative Director , Credit Manager , Director of Communications ,Director of Security Services ,
Emergency Room Physician , Environmental Project Manager ,Finance Director
Financial Analysis Manager ,
Healthcare Consultant 22%
Help Desk Manager, Human Resources Manager , Occupational Therapist , Outside Sales Representative, Pharmacist, Psychiatrist and OF COURSE Veterinarian