Wednesday, April 21, 2010

COULD IT BE 'NONE OF THE ABOVE'?

LIFE IS NOT A MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST!


Yesterday in the art appreciation segment of my show, I was conducting a little review of the kiddies. I, foolishly enough, wanted to see if they remembered anything from what I 'taught' last semester.


I was discussing the Impressionists. We studied, I thought, the Impressionists A LOT!


I asked the little munchkins if they remembered the name of the style which dealt with the painting of light upon a landscape. Anyone, anyone? Finally one brave little snowflake asked, "Mr. Phlegmbaum, could you please put it in A, B, C, D form?" Meaning, they could perhaps have a slight chance of answering the question if they had some choices to pick from.

Yeah, multiple choice tests! They're awesome!

No comments: