Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'M GETTIN' OUTTA DODGE!


Five weeks into the new school year and I'm fried already! The children, the children! More about them later.

Packing the car up this morning and heading down the hill to the lovely little town of Sanger, California. Going to the Hobbs Grove Bluegrass Festival! Taking my mandolin, my geetar, and perhaps the Dobro. Hoping to jam with some folks and learn some new bluegrass licks.

Hope-to-hell I can recharge my batteries. Otherwise, I might as well just turn in my resignation letter Monday morning.



UPDATE!

Had a great time! Favorite group, Snap Jackson, out of Stockton. A trio playing an eclectic mix of bluegrass, jazz and a pinch of alt. They even use a uke on some songs. You can never go wrong with an uke!




Camped next to a big RV. My neighbor was at her table, with what looked to be a 14" high stack of notebooks. I figured her out to be a school teacher. I was right. SHE WAS WORKING ON A SATURDAY, CORRECTING 7TH GRADER ESSAYS!!! OMG! ON HER OWN TIME, ON A SATURDAY. SHE TEACHES AT A PUBLIC SCHOOL. SHE IS A MEMBER OF A TEACHERS' UNION! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT???

No comments: