Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WHEN, EXACTLY, DID I BECOME JANE GOODALL?


We have managed to complete almost five weeks of the new school year. So far, none of the campers have been strangled by their teachers. Many have come close.

Because of budget constraints, Dr. Kim Chee decided to have the camp go to a seven-period day. Apparently, this was to save money. Or something. More periods and less teaching time in each period. Brilliant!

The little campers can’t handle it. I thought last year’s incoming class of freshmen were as dumb as a box of hammers, but this year’s class is about to break all records for stupidity, with a little extra on the side for just plain rudeness. Apparently, these children have been raised by a pack of wild wolves. My after-lunch classes resemble a cage full of chimpanzees! Their classroom behavior is off the chart! They are loud, foul-mouthed, unkempt, boorish, mean, slovenly, rude and totally unmanageable. And they are proud of it!

They are about two degrees away from throwing feces at each other! When I hear Barry and his winged-monkey Arne blaming all of the problems on teachers, I just have to scream! I can’t teach anymore. I no longer have the strength. About 85% of my time is taken up with classroom management, herding the little @#%&heads to the office. There was a time when I would try to turn around the little ‘project children.’ See if I could fix them. I just don’t give a damn anymore. They are broken and can’t be fixed. #$&* ‘em.

We are going to hell in a hand basket, and fast!

No comments: