Wednesday, October 13, 2010

JUST SHAKE THEM IN THE AIR 'TIL THEY'RE DRY


For the past two days, I have left signs, asking our crack custodial staff to give me a supply of paper towels, so the little campers can dry their hands after washing. No paper towels on day one. No paper towels on day two. Day three, I was notified that apparently I have gone through my yearly allotment of paper towels. I had no idea there was a limit although the little campers, being somewhat inconsiderate little jerks, do go through quite a few towels during the day. Even demonstrating that one can efficiently dry one's hands with two, perhaps three towels max. However, it is more fun for them to grab a handful of towels, half of which will fall to the floor, relatively unused.

Discovering this conundrum, I suggested that they bring towels from home, or dry their hands on each other's clothing. The boys seemed to like this solution, but the girls? Mmmmmm, not so much. It is my understanding that charter schools have an unlimited supply of paper towels. That's why they are better.

No comments: