Friday, February 3, 2012

TAILS OF RETAIL FAILS #815


Went into theSpawn of Satan (WalMart) down in Hog Lick Corners a few days ago to pick up some supplies for the classroom. After making my way through the hordes of ‘interestingly dressed’ customers, I found what I needed and placed them in my handy shopping basket. For some reason, I wandered into the electronics department. They had micro-SD cards for sale. 8GB for $14.88. I needed one for my digital recorder, so I placed one in the handy shopping basket too. It was, of course, locked up in a plastic security box. When I got to check out, the clerk attempted to free the SD card from the security box. No luck. She called a co-worker to try her luck. She was not successful either. I let them try every conceivable tool at their disposal (BIC pen, nail file, screwdriver, etc.) to get the card out. Nothing. After ten minutes of this nonsense, I decided I really didn’t need that SD card after all and told them, “Have a nice day!”

No comments: